Balclutha Primary School is supported by a very proactive Whānau and School group which enhance our school in a variety of ways. This includes fundraising, organising activities for our students, and providing information for our parents.
We are enthusiastic committee members who come together every 6 weeks, to work towards fundraising objectives for the coming year, and work with any events that will involve the school community over the year.
The big fundraisers we take pride in include:
- Stationery – Each student is provided with stationery for their class each year, which is a massive help to our school community.
- Swimming lessons – We raise significant funds to enable each student of our school to have one on one swimming lessons. We source qualified instructors through their years at Balclutha Primary School which each and every student takes away with them for life.
- Reading and Library Books – We fundraise to ensure our students have access to a range of engaging and up to date library books and reading material.
- Sunshades – We have provided sun shades that enable our students to have a safe shade area in which to play and work during the Summer months.
- Year 8 dinner – The Whānau and School are proud to be able to support our graduating students with their graduation dinner at the end of every year.
We would like to take this time to welcome our new Whānau to our school community and invite you to join our fun like-minded team.
We are always looking for new members and ideas.
Carleigh /Sara (Co-President )
(Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)